Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Test Mini

This is the first of my new Mortifactors. I wanted to do a quick simple proof of concept mini so that I could work out my color choices and make something that I could look at rather than imagine. I'm reasonably pleased with the results. It's definitely a quick and dirty version of what I was imagining. No highlights to speak of, very basic color choices and sloppy freehand badges. I did wash the entire thing in a watered down shading mix, I think it helps a little but there isn't nearly enough contrast for me to be satisfied with just that.




Going forward I will do more highlights, after the wash stage; which I will use a darker wash in the future. I'm going to revise the style of the chapter badge, try to achieve one more in line with the codex skull, the proportions of which are vastly different than my own. I'm sticking with my base colors though, I'm happy with them and I think they will look much better after some detailing. I've already determined that my first full unit will be a Tactical Squad, I think I might expand that into part of a Firespear Strike Force, that will give me the opportunity to work on a characterful Terminator Captain as well as a Venerable Dreadnought. Thanks for reading and Gloria in Morte.

No comments:

Post a Comment