Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Propositum

I promise there will be less Latin going forward and more original pictures, but all things must start somewhere. This isn't my first hobby related blog and I'm sure it won't be my last either. It is a rebirth of a project that made me very happy some time ago. A little more than a decade ago I started on a collection of Space Marine miniatures, it was a great way to spend my free time, something I have much less of lately, but it was also a great way to flex my creative muscles and an excuse to spend time with friends and make new ones along the way. It was a simple idea at the time, I'd cobbled together a force of Space Marines from borrowed, begged and bought sources and set about making them into something that looked good on a tabletop. They were Mortifactors in all their dark and morbid glory, lots of skulls and sinister looking individuals, imagery that still strikes a cord with me to this day.



Unfortunately I don't think I have any of those models in my possession anymore, if I do they've been repainted or modified beyond recognition at this point. So we come to the task at hand, to reassemble, or rather build anew a force of Space Marines that can take to the battlefields of the 41st Millennium as the Mortifactors Chapter. There will be obstacles and frustration to this endeavor but I have access to more resources this time around, a deeper knowledge and skill set in the hobby, and most important in this sort of project I have sincere enjoyment in the attempt. I want to thank anyone who's art I unknowingly use on this blog, and if you own it and don't want me to use it let me know, I will be happy to remove it, just know that it's used in a creative nonprofit way and that I must like it to utilize it.



If you've made it this far and still don't know what a Mortifactor is, just take a look at this LINK the article on the Warhammer 40,000 Wiki is very informative and saves me a lot of typing. I'll close by saying thanks for reading and Gloria in Morte.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Mortifactors, I've been obsessed with the Astral Knights recently, so im all spess marine'd up. Can't wait to see things from this. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude, I'm going to tackle a single Tactical Marine that I have extra from my Executioners and see what the best way to paint the cannon scheme is.

      Delete